Thursday, January 26, 2012

Sicilian to English & Italian Translation Please :)?

Can you translate this from Sicilian to Engligh, and also to Italian. Thanks! :)



"Maizina'd bo, Maizina'd vaca,

Chi la mal a slu grata,

Maizina'd vaca, Maizina'd bo

Chi la mal, le tut so"



Grazie! :)Sicilian to English %26amp; Italian Translation Please :)?
It sounds anything but Sicilian to me, I'd say is rather a Northeastern dialect (very likely spoken somewhere between Bergamo and the Friuli region).



I have no idea what the word "maizina" means, but the rhyme means something like this:



ox maizina, cow maizina

whoever itches, scratches himself

cow maizina, ox maizina

whoever hurts, it's all his (fault?)Sicilian to English %26amp; Italian Translation Please :)?
My dad was full-blooded Sicilian, but the only word I can make out is cow (vaca). Wish I knew the language better.Sicilian to English %26amp; Italian Translation Please :)?
Try a translation site.

No comments:

Post a Comment