Monday, January 23, 2012

Where can I find an accurate English to Italian or English to Latin translation?

I'm trying to translate the following phrase into either language-preferably Latin I think but would like to see both. Any help would be appreciated:



That which you do in excess will be your undoing.Where can I find an accurate English to Italian or English to Latin translation?
Quod nimis facies te pessumdabit. LatinWhere can I find an accurate English to Italian or English to Latin translation?
In italian is:



Tutto ci貌 che fai in pi霉, non varr脿 nulla



In latin......?? it takes me ages....I don't remember it anymore......



Well, your phrase should be a sort of english literal one but if you want to translate word by word, this should sound like:



That...CIO'

which....CHE

you do....FAI

in excess...IN ECCESSO or CON IMPETO (impulse, onslaught)

will be....SARA'

your...LA TUA

undoing...ROVINA, NULLA, NIENTE or SFORZO INVANO ( in vain effort)



so my first translation would be fine literally translated. You know italians have free interpretation.....but the meaning makes sense



Hope this helps.

ByeWhere can I find an accurate English to Italian or English to Latin translation?
You need to find a person who is fluent in the two langauges...either English and Latin or English and Italian...



It's a good quote, and this is a good place to do it...Fraid I'm not fluent enough in either...yet.
A Priest should be able to do that...call your local diocese or Catholic church.

No comments:

Post a Comment