Thursday, January 26, 2012

English-Italian translation - Native Italians only please.?

Hiii,



I'm writing a composition in Italian, and I'm not too sure how to translate " It has been years that I haven't seen her ".



I'm thinking " E' stato molti anni che non l'ha ( la ho ) vista" I'm not sure if the past participle must agree in gender.



Grazie per il vostro aiuto! :)



CiaoooEnglish-Italian translation - Native Italians only please.?
Actually, Italian doesn't say it that way. In Romance languages, the structure of that idiom is different. Here's how you'd say that:



"Fa molti anni che non la vedo."English-Italian translation - Native Italians only please.?
Mmm, well I'm italian and here we don't use "Fa molti anni che non la vedo". It's wrong.



You can transalte



"E' da anni che non la vedo" (vedo lei)English-Italian translation - Native Italians only please.?
"Molti anni sono trascorsi dall' ultima volta che la vidi"



There' s a rule that says we never start a sentence with %26lt;E'%26gt;



"Fa molti anni" is just wrong
Sono anni che non la vedo.

No comments:

Post a Comment