Saturday, January 14, 2012

Which is the correct, if any, translation (English to Italian)?

I need to make a bunch of "team" t-shirts and it says "I support Pete"

I checked a bunch of translators and the most common translations were "Sostengo Pete" and "Sono favorevole Pete" and I just wanted to know which, if any, were the correct translation? I also translated those sayings into the translator Italian to English and they were both correct but I really just need some verification, thanks!Which is the correct, if any, translation (English to Italian)?
It depends on the context: if Pete is a candidate (to whatever kind of election: politics, school, etc), then "sostengo Pete"; if Pete is a person in trouble or had to suffer from some kind of injustice, a more correct translation is "sono (or "sto") dalla parte di Pete" (literally "I'm on Pete's side"); if Pete is a sportsman, "tifo per Pete".Which is the correct, if any, translation (English to Italian)?
"Sostengo Pete" is absolutely correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment