Saturday, January 14, 2012

What is the English translation of Italian song Chiamate Napoli 081?

I didn't know this song, but I have found this text in Neapolitan dialect, that is language rather different from Italian:





pronto - nanni' me siente ?


so' salvatore


aggio telefonato


stevo 'npenziero


voglio sape' 'e guagliun


e guagliun stann buon ?


me stanno turmentanno


e male pensiere


comm e' amaro a sta luntano


quanno tiene na' famiglia


quanno napule addiventa cartulina


c.u.n.t 'e mise 'e juorn l'ore


e na' smania chiu' te piglia


quanno siente nu mutivo 'e na canzone


strumentale





dimme - vicino a te - sta' gennarino ?


assuntulella


comme ? - nun sta durmenno ?


abbracciammille forte a tutt e dduje


dincelle ca papa' suoje


e vo' bene assaje


luntano a vuje - nun resisto cchiu'


dimane piglio 'o treno


e me ne torno a napule


pe' sta sempe cu vuje


pe nun ve' lassa cchiu'


napule chiamm 'e figlie suoie


comme 'a na mamma


se stenne 'e braccie


napulita' turnate - turnate


napule ve chiamma


nun vo' muri' - nun po' muri'





I try to translate first into Italian:





Pronto! Nanni, mi senti?


Sono Salvatore,


ho telefonato,


stavo in pensiero,


voglio sapere dei ragazzi,


i ragazzi stanno bene?


Mi stanno tormentando


i brutti pensieri.


Com'猫 triste stare lontano


quando si tiene una famiglia,


quando Napoli diventa una cartolina.


Conti i mesi, i giorni e le ore


e in pi霉 una smania ti piglia


quando si sente un motivo di una canzone


strumentale.





Dimmi - vicino a te - sta il piccolo Gennaro?


La piccola Assunta


com'猫? Non sta dormendo?


Abbracciamele forte tutt'e due.


Digli che il loro pap脿


gli vuole molto bene.


Lontano da voi, non resisto pi霉.


Domani prendo il treno


e me ne torno a Napoli


per stare sempre con voi,


per non lasciarvi pi霉.


Napoli chiama i suoi figli


come a una mamma


si stendono le braccia.


Napoletani tornate, tornate.


Napoli vi chiama;


non vuole morire, non pu貌 morire.





and then into English:





Hallo! Nanni, can you hear me?


I am Salvatore,


I called,


I was worried,


I want to know about the kids,


are the kids well?


The bad thoughts (meaning: "worries")


are tormenting me.


How sad it is to stay far away


when you have a family,


when Naples becomes a postcard.


You count the months, the days and the hours


and in addition a nervousness (or "itch") takes you


when you hear the tune of an instrumental song.





Tell me: is the little Gennaro by you?


How is the little Assunta?


Isn't she sleeping?


Give them both a big hug.


Tell them that their daddy


loves them much.


Far from you, I cannot stand any more.


Tomorrow I am going to take the train


and I come back to Naples


to be forever with you,


to never leave you.


Naples calls her children


as to a mother


the arms gets spread out.


Neapolitans, come back, come back.


Naples calls you;


she don't want to die, she cannot die.

No comments:

Post a Comment