Friday, January 20, 2012

I need an english to italian translation..?

I need an english to italian translation for "I am who I am".. I don't trust translation websites so I wanted to ask someone who is fluent or at least knows the language more than I do! Thanks!I need an english to italian translation..?
"Io sono chi sono"

I suggest to put the subject (at least once) ahead the verb to avoid any possible misunderstanding.

In fact simply "sono chi sono" is also translating

"they are who they are"



Edit #1 - here below Tesa's answer (sono quello che sono) might be of most common use but aside the fact it means something different (I am WHAT I am) as it's quoted,without the subject, can be translated also as "They are what they are". If you prefer her version you should say / write "Io sono quello che sono"
Hey-a. I-ya am-a who I-ya am-a, capish?



Sorry, couldn't resist.I need an english to italian translation..?
Sono chi sono.
Io sono chi sonoI need an english to italian translation..?
I'd say "SONO QUELLO CHE SONO" . The previously suggested "sono chi sono" is correct but not really in use.
Chi sono sono

No comments:

Post a Comment